The Airtrain is a quick and easy option for getting to and from the airport. Brisbane Airport is just 20 minutes by train from the city. Train services run every 15 minutes during peak times and every 30 minutes off-peak periods. Airtrain also offers express services to the Gold Cast and connects into the Queensland Rail suburban network.
Hours of Operation
- Weekdays: 5:04am – 10:04pm
- Weekends: 6:04am – 10:04pm
To use this service you can purchase tickets at the Airtrain desks in each of the terminals, or at the Airtrain stations. Airtrain also offers great savings for booking online and in advance. Go Cards are also accepted on Airtrain services. For more information on GoCards, visit the Translink website.
Finding the Airtrain Station
- At the International Terminal: take the travellator or lift to Level 3 of the Terminal building and follow the signs to the station.
- From the Domestic Terminal: make your way out to the front of the building and take the Skywalk across to the station.
Airtrain also offers a transfer service between the International and Domestic Terminals for a fee of $5. Transfer time is 5 minutes.
If you’re looking for a door to door transfer to and from Brisbane Airport, consider using the Con-x-ion shuttle bus transfer service.
Con-x-ion operates from both Terminals with a pick and drop off service that goes door-to-door to dozens of locations around Brisbane the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast.
Tickets can be purchased online or at the sales kiosk at each Terminal. To book visit the Con-X-ion website.
Where to find Con-x-ion?
- International Terminal: Meet your transfer at the Visitor Information desk in the International Terminal.
- Domestic Terminal: Meet your transfer outside on the forecourt towards the Virgin end of the Terminal.
Looking for a bus or coach service to other areas? Contact the Brisbane Airport Visitor Information desks for assistance.
Brisbane City Council operates a bus service within the airport precinct. You’ll need to make your way from either Terminal to the Skygate Centre, where bus route 590 runs seven days a week.
Catch the bus to the rail network at the Toombul Interchange for a range of public transport options to the city, or other Brisbane suburbs. For more information, maps and timetables, visit the Translink website.
Within the airport precinct, there are a mix of shared pedestrian and cycle paths, as well as shared roadways where cycling is permitted, except where signed otherwise. Cyclists are not permitted to cycle along Moreton Drive.
You can store your bike at Brisbane Airport at the bicycle racks available at the Terminal car parks. Bicycle rack locations are as follows:
- International Terminal car park: take the lift to level 5, you will find the bicycle rack adjacent to the lifts.
- Domestic Terminal car park: Level 1 of the P1 car park, near the lifts.
If you do cycle to Brisbane Airport, you’ll find shower facilities at both Terminals.